Membership Sign UP
Thank you for your interest in the Barrie Photo Club. Please fill in the entire form so that we have all the correct information E-Transfer instructions are in the form,,,see below.
- Individual $65
- Family $65 for first family member
$45 per additional family member(except Student +$25)
- Students $25. must be registered in a full-time program (high school, college or university).
Pay Online via e-transfer to
NOTE: No password is required but, PLEASE ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE INTERAC MESSAGE BOX FOR FOLLOW-UP PUPOSES.
You can mail Cheque payable to the Barrie Photo Club to:
Treasurer, Barrie Photo Club
5 Dove Cres.
Cheques should be received by the club within seven days. $35 after August 1st for the remainder of the year, $25 (additional family member). These late memberships are only valid until the end of the calendar year.
Memberships are not considered active until payment is received by the club. For family memberships, each family member joining the club must complete an application.
Would you be interested in sitting on the committees, the executive, etc?
assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability including negligence
1. I am a healthy adult, voluntarily participating in Club Events and I assume all risks of illness, injury, death, damage and/or loss to myself or my property that might result. *
2. On behalf of myself and my personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns, I hereby release and discharge in advance the Barrie Photo Club (and its executive, members, sponsors, agents, representatives and assigns) from any and all liability, even if that liability arises out of negligence and/or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above. death, damage and/or loss to myself or my property that might result. *
3. My assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability, including negligence, encompasses, but is not limited to: death, bodily injury, illness, damage, theft and/or loss of personal property during said Club Event which occurs as a result of anything during the entire Club Event. The following are some, but not all, of the possibilities: a) traversing uneven ground, with or without photographic equipment in order to access off-road sites; b) natural hazards, such as, but not limited to, steep cliffs, hazardous footing, busy roadways, dimly lit building interiors and exteriors, and/or poison ivy or oak; c) transportation to and from locations; d) negligent instruction and/or supervision by any of the persons involved in the event on behalf of the Barrie Photo Club. *
Consent of Parent or Legal Guardian (if participant is under 18 years of age):
1) that I am the parent or legal guardian of (minor child’s name)Please check box below...
2) that my child is healthy and in adequate physical condition to participate in the activities involved in any of the Club Events that my child participates in,
3) that my child is a voluntary participant in said Club Events,
4) that I give my permission for him/her to participate in the Club Events,
5) that my child and I assume all risks of illness, bodily injury, death, damage, theft and/or loss to my child/ward or personal property that might result and
6) that I hereby execute on his/her behalf the Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability, Including Negligence.
In the event of an emergency, I authorize the Barrie Photo Club and its executive, members, sponsors, agents, representatives and assigns to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for my minor child's/ward's immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
Signaure Parent or Gardian
Please sign below in signature box
**I have carefully read and checked all paragraphs of the attached Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability, Including Negligence. I am aware that both predictable and unpredictable risks are involved during the outings and workshops conducted on behalf of the Barrie Photo Club. I hereby agree to assume all of those risks and to release and hold harmless all of the persons or entities mentioned in the attached Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability, Including Negligence, who through negligence or carelessness would otherwise be liable to me or to my heirs or assigns for damages, or to my minor child or to my child's heirs or assigns.
The Barrie Photo Club is committed to ensuring and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its members' personal information.
Collecting, Holding, and Using Personal Information
The Barrie Photo Club may collect, hold, and use members' personal information for the following purposes:
1. identifying you and ensuring that the collected information is correct;
2. contacting you in regards to club activities and events;
3. advising you of photographic events, sales, and competitions held or sponsored by other photographic clubs, retailers, artists, or institutions.
4. tracking your image submissions for the various competitions or exhibitions held during the year;
5. tracking your standing within the club;
6. enabling your member account on the Barrie Photo Club website, and permitting email communication to you via the website from other members or from the club executive;
7. listing your name, and possibly your city of residence, on the club's website, including the use of your name in captions of your images;
8. listing your name, and possibly your city of residence, in promotional material for the Barrie Photo Club, including adding your name to captions of images that are promoted by the club;
9. creating name tags for use at club events;
10. maintaining club records of membership dues.
"Personal information" includes, at a minimum, your name, address, telephone number, email address, and web site address. Depending on the nature of the club activities in which you participate, additional personal information may be collected as necessary. Your knowledge and consent to Barrie Photo Club's collection and use of your personal information is important. Barrie Photo Club relies on your actions as indications of your consent to the club's existing and future personal information collection practices:
• your voluntary provision of personal information directly to the club's executive committee;
• your consent solicited by a member of the club's executive committee or designate for a specific purpose;
• your consent given through an authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent, or solicitor.
You may withdraw your consent to the club's holding of personal information at any time. Your withdrawal of consent will limit the Barrie Photo Club Executive Committee’s ability to provide you with information surrounding club activities.
The Barrie Photo Club Executive Committee may disclose your personal information to individuals, businesses, corporations, and other photographic organizations or artistic entities when the executive committee believes that such disclosure is in your best interest as a member of the club.
The executive committee will only disclose that information which is sufficient for the purpose it is required.
The executive committee will not knowingly disclose personal information to third parties for commercial purposes. In particular, the executive will not disclose personal information for the purpose of telemarketing, unsolicited email, advertising mailings or similar business activity.
Right of access
You are entitled to access, with reasonable notice, your personal information maintained by the Barrie Photo Club. You may verify this personal information and request that any inaccurate information be corrected. An access request may be made to any member of the Barrie Photo Club Executive Committee, orally or in writing.
Limits on retention
The Barrie Photo Club will only retain your personal information as long as it is necessary, at most for one calendar year following the end of the Barrie Photo Club year (typically in December) if your membership in the club is not renewed. At the end of that period all copies of your personal information will be destroyed.
Protection of your personal information
Your personal information, whether electronic or paper, is maintained by members of the Barrie Photo Club Executive Committee. Copies of this information may be kept in personal residences or business enterprises that serve as places of employment. The Barrie Photo Club Executive Committee takes reasonable measures to protect this information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
**Fee paid - application will not be processed until membership fee is received**
PLEASE ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE INTERAC MESSAGE BOX FOR FOLLOW-UP PUPOSES.
Signaure-I have read and answered all fields on this form